Transfer and International Applicants
Applying to the D.O. Program
The Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine will consider transfer applications from students at other accredited U.S. colleges of osteopathic medicine after completion of his/her second year and prior to the start of his/her third year and only if capacity exists in our clinical campus system, based on the discretion of the executive assistant dean for clinical education.
Transfer applicants must provide the following information in time to allow appropriate committee review proceeding the Heritage College term of intended enrollment:
- A completed secondary application with the respective application fee.
- Official copies of all post-secondary school or college transcripts.
- Official copy of the current osteopathic school transcript.
- A letter from the dean of the current college of medicine verifying good academic standing.
- An essay regarding the candidate rationale for a transfer.
- A copy of the course catalog from their initial osteopathic medical school.
- Two letters of recommendation from current osteopathic medical school faculty.
- All MCAT scores.
Transfer candidates must appear on the Athens campus for an interview and, in an effort to assess the candidate’s clinical acumen, a prospective transfer student must also participate in a clinical skills examination prior to any final admission decision.
Potential transfer applicants from other accredited domestic or foreign medical schools must apply through standard AACOMAS procedures for admission as year one students. If accepted, they will be required to complete four years of medical study at this institution.
View our COCA approved
Applicants to the Heritage College must be either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident and must also hold a degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.